With a background in both visitor research and marketing, I can help you reach new and existing audiences with informed and practical marketing strategies. My experience ranges from the Museum of Farnham to Bishopsgate Institute.
National Jazz Archive
As a Trustee for the National Jazz Archive, I sit on the Marketing and Fundraising Committee and contribute to marketing planning and evaluation for the archive.
Arts Marketing Association
I volunteer as a mentor for other marketing professionals as part of the AMA’s mentoring scheme.
Museum of Richmond
Working with staff and trustees to write a practical and realistic Marketing Plan for a small local museum.
Hastings Museum and Art Gallery
Working with staff to write a Marketing Plan for a local authority run museum.
Museum of Farnham
Undertaking visitor research, a marketing audit and writing a Marketing Plan for a small community-based museum.
Writing a Marketing Plan and Pricing Policy for Brooklands to accompany their Heritage Lottery Fund bid.
Bexhill Museum, Bexhill
2012 – 2013
Writing a Marketing Plan for a small, volunteer-run museum and advising on its implementation.
Bishopsgate Institute, London
Marketing and Communications Manager
2005 – 2011
- Overall management of Bishopsgate Institute’s internal and external marketing and communications, including developing and delivering its marketing and digital strategies.
- Leading on visitor research and re-branding for a £7.1 million capital project and re-launch Bishopsgate Institute.
- Overseeing and managing the activities of the fundraising and development team.
- Responsibility for the Institute’s online presence, including the website, online ticketing and library catalogue, e-newsletters and social media; day-to-day management of the site and web content development team.
- Managing all external communications, including production of season brochures, course prospectuses, annual reports and other publicity material.